On 2010-12-03, Rob Lanphier wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> On IRC, Trevor lead the charge "to Etherpad!", and some of us
> followed.  This was the result:
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_roadmap/1.17

It is unclear to me whether the plan is to branch from the latest
reviewed code or trunk HEAD, assuming the latter then I think that code
review needs to be a part of the schedule as it is by far the most time
consuming part of the process and presumably needs to be complete before
a deployment.  The schedule suggests an intial deployment in January,
but my understanding is that even if there were no further commits it
would still take until March for it to catch up with HEAD.

Robert