You probably noticed, or heard in advance that it would happen, but I
figured I'd announce it anyway: 1.17 was branched today. The branch is
in /branches/REL1_17 and the branch point is r77974.

When you commit or find a revision post-r77974 that you feel should be
in 1.17 (bugfixes, typically, no new features), tag it with "1.17" in
CodeReview. Please do this even if you're not afraid of SVN merging,
so we can merge stuff in batches and keep the commit noise down.
Nothing has been merged yet, although a few things seem to have been
tagged already.

When you find something pre-r77974 that you think should be backed out
of 1.17 (i.e. reverted in the branch), tag it with "revert1.17". This
shouldn't happen very often, so feel free to do this yourself if you
know how. The only thing that's been backed out so far is a
refactoring of the skin system in r77893.

After merging/reverting, the tag should be removed.

I'd also like to call upon everyone to help out with code review. Of
course not everyone feels comfortable reviewing everything, but by all
means review what you feel comfortable reviewing. Even if you're not
an experienced reviewer/developer and only review trivial changes or
changes to one specific component you're familiar with, you're taking
work out of the hands of other reviewers.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)