On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 1:22 AM,  <jida...@jidanni.org> wrote:
> What I see here is "unfair insider trading".
>
> The people writing MediaWiki are the many of the same people running
> Wikipedia.
>
> They make MediaWiki emit the HTML half of the picture for the styles
> they want...
> ...then many times they implement the CSS other half only on Wikipedia.
> Much faster to test, looks great, problem solved...for them only.

That's not the case at all.  The people who write these styles are
totally different from the people who write the software.  We just add
lots of classes (too many, IMO . . .) so that people can easily
customize the appearance however they want.  They're extension points
for CSS.  Wikipedia users have styled some of these points, and I'm
sure so have Wikia users, and users of other major wikis.