Zak Greant (Foo Associates) wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> I've been editing http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Unit_Testing (and am
> happy for feedback and suggestions.)

Hello Zak,
Looks good overall, but there seem to be a bug with the
SeleniumFramework line :)

> While editing, I took at look at the support files in tests/phpunit
> and have some questions (along with a patch to fix a few problems I
> noted.)

Your patch was stripped by the mailing list. You can send it as
text/plain, open a bug and add it there, or copy someone likely to
commit it for you (I assume you don't have commit access yourself? This
patch is probably straightforward).

> In tests/phpunit/Makefile:
>
> * Do we need the install target? Given that the installation script
> seems lightly broken, I'd guess that it is not used often.  I've
> removed the target. We should also remove the supporting file
> (install-phpunit.sh).
>
> * The path for the coverage target was broken by r78383. It's fixed in
> the patch.
>
> * In targets noparser, safe and databaseless, do we need to exclude
> group Broken? It is already excluded in suite.xml. I can see an
> argument for always exclude Broken, so that people don't accidentally
> run broken tests when they supply their own XML configuration file
> with the CONFIG_FILE option.  However, if you're supplying your own
> config file, then you should know what you're doing.

I explicitely excluded them because else it was picking broken tests.