On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 2:32 AM, Tim Starling <tstarl...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Special pages are nice because they have a base class with lots of
> features. They are flexible and easy to add.
>
> The main problem with actions is that most of them are implemented in
> that horror that is Article.php.

This is from a developer's perspective, not a user's.  I was only
really thinking about user-visible consistency.  From that
perspective, I think it's clear that using only special pages with no
actions would be an improvement.  I don't think the URL differences
need to be reflected in the code.  If you really liked, you could
implement the special pages as wrappers around the current code, so
the special page just called the same Article method as now (maybe
with a bit of refactoring).

> (I know Aryeh makes up his mind about things like this rather faster
> than I do; I look forward to his reply which will no doubt tell me all
> the reasons why he's not changing his position.)

Happy to oblige.