On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 1:02 PM, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/what_will_wikipedia_look_like_in_another_10_years.php
>
> "The most important thing," Wales told us on a press call today, "is
> the increased diversity in languages." According to Wales, around 30%
> of Wikipedia articles had been in English and already that number has
> dropped to 20%. "We're going to see very very large projects in
> languages where we've never seen such things before," he explained.
>
> - I'd thought en:wp was still about 30% of everything - ~1/3 the
> edits, ~1/3 the articles, ~1/3 the page hits, etc.
>
> What are the various numbers? Is there anywhere to look them up, or
> something to look them up from which they can be derived?
>
> The article one should be easy: 15 million articles in total, 3 million of
that in English --> ~20%. (The 15 million is off the top of my head, but
should be right.)
For edits, I guess you can only use the cumulative totals, that are easily
available, for English it is 437,897,137, the total is 1 186 000 000 -->
~36% (See Special:Statistics, and Emijrp's counter)
If I read http://stats.wikimedia.org/reportcard right, the pageviews are 8
billion on the English, 14 billion total --> ~57%

Best regards,
Bence