Magnus Manske wrote:
> As I wrote in my earlier mail, posting "each new thread subject", that
> is, when a new thread gets started, on IRC. That would be, what, five
> new threads per day on average? The channel must be very quiet indeed,
> if that's considered spam :-)

It'd likely be a lot more than five if it were the encouraged form of error
reporting. There are the (pre-existing) users of this mailing list to
consider as well. When you add a bunch of noise ("site down", "site down 2",
"re: site down 2" [it was just my connection lol]), you drown out the
signal. Obviously when _you_ report an issue, it holds a lot more weight
than if anyone who can figure out how a mailing list works reports an issue.

MZMcBride