On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 6:48 AM, Aryeh Gregor
<simetrical+wikil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not to mention, the text table is immutable,
> so creating and publishing text table dumps incrementally should be
> trivial.

The problem there is deletion and oversight.  The best solution if you
didn't have to worry about that would be to have a database on the
dump servers with only public data, which accesses a live feed (over
the LAN).  Then creating a dump would be as simple as pg_dump, and
fancier incremental dumps could be made relatively simply as well.

Then again, if your live feed tells you which revisions to
delete/oversight, that's still a viable solution.

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 4:04 AM, Anthony <wikim...@inbox.org> wrote:
>> It wouldn't be trivial, but it wouldn't be particularly hard either.
>> Most of the work is already being done.  It's just being done
>> inefficiently.
>
> I'm glad to see you know what you're talking about here.  Presumably
> you've examined the relevant code closely and determined exactly how
> you'd implement the necessary changes in order to evaluate the
> difficulty.  Needless to say, patches are welcome.

Access to the servers is welcome.  I can't possibly test and improve
performance without it.

Alternatively, give me a free live feed, and I'll make a decent dump
system here at home, and provide the source code when I'm done.