* Michael Dale <md...@wikimedia.org> [Mon, 24 Jan 2011 13:18:00 -0600]:
> We should focus on apis for template editing,
> Extension:Page_Object_Model seemed like a step in the right direction
> but not  Something that let you edit structured data across nested
> template objects and we could stack validation ontop of that would let
> us leverage everything that has been done and keep things wide open
for
> what's done in the future.
>
> Most importantly we need clean high level apis that we can build GUIs
> on, so that the "flexibility" of the system does not hurt usability
and
> functionality.

Michael is correct - API module to extract data from already existing
nested templates and to replace the data (when needed) probably is the
only thing that is required to make Wikipedia more structural and
semantical. Then, the whole collecting and analyzing of triples can be
off-loaded to externals bots and tools. Great idea, imho.
Dmitriy