* Aryeh Gregor <simetrical+wikil...@gmail.com> [Wed, 26 Jan 2011
15:09:17 -0500]:

> However, the code should probably at least strip whitespace (including
> internal whitespace, not just trailing/leading)
> onkeypress/oninput/onsubmit or such.  This came up in something like
> 0.1% of the sample.  Non-techy users would probably get pretty
> confused by a trailing space messing the whole thing up.

Surely it should. In a very similar manner, I've had a trouble with
local MediaWiki installation (old 1.14, haven't checked with newer
ones), when I've created user accounts and sent these via the email,
people were unable to login, because when you select a text line using a
mouse, Thunderbird mail sometimes copies line feed character into
clipboard, so it was pasted into the password field then and the
password didn't match. Users were frustrated. I've explained them that
line feed is being placed into the clipboard which is visible when you
paste it into the text editor. I am unsure which browser they have been
used, maybe some browsers strip 13 / 10 from text inputs, maybe don't.
Dmitriy