Thanks for the input everyone!

Roan said:
> Have you seen http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Visiting_San_Francisco ?

No, I didn't see that, thanks!

> If you like doing hikes, you can do what I did last Saturday and walk
> the Land's End Trail.

That sounds like a really good idea. I could use a bit of walking and fresh air
after all the conferencing. I hope the weather isn't too wet :)

> Another fun thing to do is get lost in Golden Gate Park, which is a
> huge (roughly 7x1 km) park in the middle of the city.

Yea, I have fond memories of Golden Gate Park, from when I was in SF in, oh
my... 1994?...

Andrew said:
> I'm in town until next Thursday, so we can hang out if you like.
> Sunday is my 20th birthday, and, if you feel up to it, you'd be
> welcome to join the celebrations.

That would be Sunday the 30th, right? Damn, I'll just be flying in on that day,
I probably can't handle a party after a transatlantic flight... also, I have to
get to Santa Clara, not SF - I'll be stuck there until Friday, I'm attending the
Strata conference. I'd love to hang out, but I doubt that I'll have an
opportunity to come to SF before the weekend. If you want to come down to SC, by
all means, do :)

Neil said:
> FYI, Feb 6th is "Super Bowl Sunday". A sporting event whose celebration tends
> to eclipse the actual sports part.
>
> Depending on your inclination you could either embrace the "AMERICA FUCK
> YEAH" aspect of the day, or avoid it entirely.

uhuh... I'm not one for national chest bumping, nor am I much into sports.
Though sporting events *can* be fun with the right crowd :) We'll see.

Thanks for the warning though, I guess I'll stay away from bars that night...

Anyway, see you soon!
-- daniel

PS: if anyone as more infos/ideas - keep them coming!