Hey,

That makes it rather clear I'm not familiar enough with the parser to
implement a wrapper class such as ParserHook. Most extension developers will
likely not know a lot more then me about it, so I think there definitely is
a need to provide some abstraction for the most common use cases, which is
one of the reasons why I created this class in the first place. I'd be
totally awesome if someone that does know the parser well enough could fix
up the parsing related methods (or help me do that (which will probably take
more time though)).

Either way, the ParserHook class is not a core component of Validator, and
can simply be left out if it blocks inclusion into core.

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw
http://www.bn2vs.com