On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 5:28 PM, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:
> Mark A. Hershberger wrote:
>> Perhaps we could recruit some people from the he.wikipedia.org community
>> take problems reported (via the localized interface?) and reproduce
> them or
>> act as a "translator" between developers and bug reporters?
>
> There is already some infrastructure for this kind of idea:
>
> I didn't know about this mailing list until a few days ago, but it's a start
> in building the bridge between MediaWiki development and (power-)users.
>
> MZMcBride

Fascinating! I didn't know this existed either. To answer Mark's
question, I'm interested in facilitating more user participation in
bug-collecting. Using Bugzilla confuses the heck out of me, but mostly
because I don't do it very often!

There are many good ideas in this list. I have one small idea re:
bugzilla -- is it possible to make browsing bugs more transparent
(like a link on the sidebar)? I only just discovered that it's
possible to look at bugs by category, component or keyword rather than
search, and for the hapless newbie who is nonetheless sometimes
interested in looking (at) bugs to see what's going on (like me) it
would help. First rule of taxonomies: everyone describes stuff
differently, so browse is useful :)

-- phoebe

<at> gmail.com *