Roan Kattouw <roan.katt...@gmail.com> writes:

> 2011/2/13 Bryan Tong Minh <bryan.tongm...@gmail.com>:
>> I agree... a bit. We should branch 1.18wmf1 immediately from trunk
>> once things have calmed down a bit. However, this 1.18wmf1 does not
>> necessarily need to be the base for 1.18. We can branch 1.18wmf2 from
>> trunk again and so on, until the time that we want to release 1.18
>> when we make a final 1.18wmfN branch and 1.18 branch.
[ SNIP ]
> Stabilizing and deploying 1.18wmf1 should take considerably less time
> and allow us to get much closer to a continuous integration model.

It sounds like you guys are balking at this idea.  I'm not familiar with
how the wmfN branches have worked, so some input would help.

If we have a 1.18 branch that is, as Brion has noted (and supported), a
day or two behind trunk at most, is there a reason that the we couldn't
branch wmfN from the rolling 1.18 branch?  Or even just tag it when we
wanted to mark a WMF deployment?

Mark.