Thanks for your help, it indeed works.
From: wikitech-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org
[wikitech-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Platonides
[platoni...@gmail.com]
Sent: 09 February 2011 05:32
To: wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [Wikitech-l] categorisation issues in dumps

Anthony Ventresque (Dr) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build an offline version of the wikipedia categorisation tree.
> As usual with projects on wikipedia, I've downloaded dumps (actually the
> interesting one here is pages-articles.xml). And I found that none of the
> dumps has the relation between  "Category:1960_works" and "Category:1960"
> which is present on the web page. And it is the same for a lot of categories
> I tried: many links are missing in the dump, but are present in the web. Any
> idea why is that so?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Anthony

Using page.sql.gz and categorylinks.sql.gz would be more efficient for
your task.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may
be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its content.
Thank you.

Towards A Sustainable Earth: Print Only When Necessary