Greetings All,

Today we enabled openZim (http://openzim.org/Main_Page) export to the existing
PediaPress collections extension on English Wikipedia and numerous others. In
addition to PDF and ODF, you will now see a new export option when browsing the
Download section of the Manage Book interface. You can then easily take these
files and use them with the Kiwix offline reader
(http://kiwix.org/index.php/Main_Page).

We'd love to get some help testing to find bugs and receive feedback. Give the
tool a go and let us know what you think!

Bugs can be filed at https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/ under

Product:        MediaWiki extensions
Component: Collection

You can also note your thoughts on
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Collections/openZim and we'll move them
over to Bugzilla.

For those following our offline developments this is the first part of our push
into new tools mentioned at
http://techblog.wikimedia.org/2011/01/update-on-offline-wikimedia-projects/

Come help us make the others a success. Thanks to both Heiko and Volker for
their work in making this project successful.

--tomasz