Hoi,
We are indeed using SVN successfully.

As to Toolserver, this environment and its functionality is deeply flawed.
As the tools are open source, there is no reason why relevant tools cannot
be brought into GIT and upgraded to a level where they are of production
quality. Either GIT is able to cope or its distributed character adds no
real value.

The notion that it has to be MediaWiki core and or its extensions first is
absurd when you consider that it is what we use to run one of the biggest
websites of the world. We rely on the continued support for our production
process. The daily process provided by LocalisationUpdate is such a
production process. When the continuity of production processes is not a
prime priority, something is fundamentally wrong.
Thanks,
       GerardM