Hello,

> The right way to do it is to have a test suite: A document that walks
> the translator through all the use cases of the feature so that all
> possible messages permutations and combinations appear.

Possibly, Selenium tests could be helpful. A Selenium test basically acts as a
remote control for a browser. So a test could walk through most of the cases
that produces localized messages. Since a Selenium test is client side, though,
it cannot (re)produce all the errors on a server. So, for example, a missing
connection to a database could not be triggered. Another thing we might have to
consider is how to set breakpoints to pause the Selenium test in order to allow
a translator to check the messages.

Cheers,
Markus