> Also, since the bash shell is there, I think we can legitimately use
> some custom scripts to help with dealing with piles of repos at once.
> I'd probably pick python, ;) though theoretically you could write bash
> scripts and use them on Windows with the Git Extensions setup.

Many people belive [1] it helps to have a set of scripts to properly
implement the workflow of their project. Given how git is constructed
(it is indeed a bunch of scripts in different programming languages),
this might seem natural in this environment.  Frankly, I am not
sure I grasped "porcelain" (the "user friendly frontend") commands
enough to tackle the "plumbing" ("the internals").

Aside of people learning how to use the VCS properly (I feel I'm
re-learning git everytime I use it but that's my limitation) you
need to make sure everyone's on the same page and has the same set
of scripts (Python you say) installed. I think this can be really
difficult.

//Marcin

[1] http://jeetworks.com/node/58
[2] http://whygitisbetterthanx.com/#easy-to-learn