It's been re-cloned and is being updated every 10 minutes.

Note that this was a non-fast-forward updates, so "git pull" on
existing checkouts won't work, you'll have to re-clone.

On the plus side this is now being cloned directly from svn, e.g. this
is the latest commit:

    git-svn-id:
svn+ssh://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/trunk@86256
dd0e9695-b195-4be7-bd10-2dea1a65a6b6

This means that using this to bootstap your own git-svn checkout (to
use for further development) should be possible now, but I don't have
instructions for how to do that, patches to
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Git#Rebuilding_SVN_metadata welcome.

Note that this is still out of date:

    http://gitorious.org/mediawiki

I don't know who maintains it, but if there's demand for having one on
gitorious I'd be happy to update that one too. It's just a matter of
adding a couple of extra pushes here:

    https://github.com/avar/mediawiki-mirror/blob/master/mediawiki-mirror.sh#L22