Raul Kern wrote:
> how to add facebook like box to chapters mediawiki homepage:
> http://et.wikimedia.org

The "like" button is usually added with an <iframe> HTML element. I suppose
it would be simple enough to create this element in JavaScript (in
MediaWiki:Common.js) and then have it inserted on the Main Page (or
wherever).

The bigger concern would be whether doing so is acceptable under the
Wikimedia Foundation's privacy policy. I'm not sure how much data is
transferred simply by users loading an iframe from another site or what
other risks there might be from doing so.

MZMcBride