User "Freakolowsky" posted a comment on MediaWiki.r88111.

Full URL: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/88111#c16918
Commit summary:

* added an option to toggle the display of diff size with a warning message.
* in misermode this option is disabled

Comment:

ok, true for the "needs more work" part. I'm not that good with messages, it
took me some effort to not just put "Beware! There be dragons!!" in the
message. And we need to extend that method to include days/months/years.

But even if this is disabled on WMF it is still not that great of an idea to do
that on a bigger instance running a standard mysql db. wgRCMaxAge has a default
of 13 weeks, so for most cases this situation would work anyway. For the edge
case ... displaying this diff size is '''handy''' ... and i don't think
something that has no specific functionality other than being handy deserves to
make such expensive operations.

I might be overthinking this, tho ...