Am 11.06.2011 05:45, schrieb K. Peachey:

> Eww no, shortcuts should be avoided where possible, they are basically
> pointless for us and they don't serve any decent purpose apart from
> removing "extension:" from the url which is not something we should be
> doing (depending on what shortcuts people make), we should be
> encouraging people to use the proper urls because they are more likely
> to be permanent.
>
> Also they are confusing to some newer people where the url != the page
> title which is out standard convention with mediawiki.

This is your single view. My view is that a better management of
shortcuts (shortcut repository) would help users and reserving
abbreviations and names<certainlength for shortcuts would not be too
difficult.
With this statement I wish to close the discussion, as you came with so
strong arguments, that I feel, I have no chance to convince you of the
opposite.

So, I respect your view, but have a dissenting opinion-