On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 2:26 AM, Roan Kattouw <roan.katt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I like the 20% model as well. It goes a little bit further than my
> suggestion, which was 20, 25 or 33% model for certain senior devs, but
> if you're volunteering to give me more than what I asked for that's
> even better :) . For numerous reasons, I think getting /everyone/
> involved with service work is a great idea.

To keep the ball rolling, I've started a draft here, based in part on
your comments:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Development_process_improvement/20%25_policy

Please be bold and/or add your thoughts. As per the note on the page
and other comments in this thread, a policy like this isn't a
replacement for dedicated staff supporting the code review and release
process; it's merely one component of ensuring appropriate capacity is
available for relevant work.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation