Brion Vibber wrote:
>> This also makes sure our behaviour is in harmony with the expectation
>> set by our javascript deprecation page [1] and will not break gadgets
>> that are usiung (parts of) the legacy ts_* functions (which are global
>> functions).
>
> Those are internal functions (just poorly namespaced), anything using them
> can be expected to fail at any time.

I agree with you. I but note that the new code won't get the
localization fixes done by overriding them, and the new system will
apparently have bugs of not sorting correctly things (eg. months in
content language) which the old script did.
See for instance ts_resortTable at
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js

I hope the new sorter provides a clean way to perform such localization,
instead of the ugly way that ts_resortTable was.