On 07/09/2011 06:25 AM, Chad wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 11:23 PM,<jida...@jidanni.org>  wrote:
>> Sure you can say "not a MediaWiki problem, go contact the website", but
>> if MediaWiki gave them the proper tools to make their templates, they
>> wouldn't need to make such a mess.
>>

> What tools would you propose?

A smarter table sorter would help.  (I believe those zeros come from
sort keys generated by templates and hidden from most browsers by CSS.)

As it happens, I believe we've just got (or are about to get?) one.  But
someone ought to go through
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Sorting_templates and see just how
many of them we can make unnecessary by smarter sorting.

(It would also be nice to have some way to specify manual sort keys, in
those cases where they really are needed, through some mechanism that
doesn't involve CSS hacks.)

--
Ilmari Karonen