Hey,

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Chad <innocentkil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> While spending the past few days/weeks in CodeReview, it has become
> abundantly clear to me that we absolutely must get away from this idea
> of doing huge refactorings in our working copies and landing them in trunk
> without any warning. The examples I'm going to use here are the
> RequestContext, Action and Blocking refactors.

I mostly agree with your observations. Another problem with the
current approach is that it is very hard to change architectural
decisions. For example with the Action rewrite I'm not very happy with
the coupling between interface and back end, which I stated on CR, but
really this is a fundamental issue that is very hard to modify.

I agree however also with the other commentators on this tread. There
will be no review on things done in branches, they'll just bitrot
away.

Unfortunately, I don't see a satisfactory solution to this. Maybe others?

Bryan