On 12/08/2011 10:31 PM, David Gerard wrote:
> This one's tricky, because that's not free content, for good reason.
> It would need to be present for correct attribution at the least. I
> don't see anything intrinsically hard about that - have I missed
> anything about it that makes it hard?

Well you'd need to have namespaces for username's, and that's about it.
Or you could pursue something like OpenID as you mentioned.

Of course if you used the user database "as is" and pursued my proposed
model for content mirroring, you could have an 'Attribution' tab for
mirrored content up near the 'Page' and 'Discussion' tabs, and in that
page show a list of everyone who had contributed to the content. You
could update this list from time-to-time, at the same time as you did
your mirroring. You could go as far as mentioning the number of edits
particular users had made. It wouldn't be the same type of "blow by
blow" attribution that you get where you can see a log of specifically
what contributions particular users had made, but it would be a suitable
attribution nonetheless, similar to the attribution at:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Version