User "Reedy" changed the status of MediaWiki.r94995.

Old Status: new
New Status: ok

Full URL: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/94995
Commit summary:

Per CR on r44412 and my promise in the commit summary of r94990, stop abusing
$wgInternalServer (intended for Squid URLs) for IRC/e-mail URLs and introduce
$wgCanonicalServer for these purposes instead. This revision introduces two new
hooks for WMF hacks, in exchange for making the core code saner.

* Introduce $wgCanonicalServer, which should typically be a fully qualified
version of $wgServer but in practice can be anything that you'd like to be used
in IRC/e-mail notifs
** Default value is $wgServer, expanded to http:// if protocol-relative
** This means you can easily set HTTPS as the 'default' protocol to use in IRC
and e-mail notifs by setting $wgCanonicalServer to https://example.com
* Introduce Title::getCanonicalURL(). Similar to getInternalURL(), including a
hook for WMF usage (which will be needed as long as secure.wikimedia.org is
used)
** Also add escapeCanonicalURL(). Due to some ridiculous accident of history,
the other escapeFooURL() functions don't have a $variant parameter; I decided
not to follow that bad example
* Reinstate the spirit of r44406 and r44412: instead of calling
getInternalURL() (or getCanonicalURL()) and regexing the title parameter out,
obtain the path to index.php using $wgCanonicalServer . $wgScript and append
params to that. Sadly, we need to add a hook here to support the secure server
hack for WMF, but that's the price of saner code in this case
* Introduce the {{canonicalurl:}} and {{canonicalurle:}} parser functions,
which work just like {{fullurl:}} and {{fullurle:}} except that they use
getCanonicalURL() instead of getFullURL()
* Use {{canonicalurl:}} in the enotif_body message, fixing bug 29993
(protocol-relative URLs appear in e-mail notifications)