On 06/09/11 08:27, Daniel Friesen wrote:
<snip>
> So, I'd love to see other peoples ideas on the best syntax for our skin
> system.
> Or ideas or comments on how to fix the problem with the syntax I came up
> with.

Can you possibly have a look at HAML? It is a basic language that makes
HTML 'simpler' and allow variables, if, foreach : http://haml-lang.com/

It comes from the ruby on rails community but has an implementation in
PHP : http://phphaml.sourceforge.net/  The page has an example :-)

Might be better than reinventing the wheel.

Another possibility will be to generate an XML document and apply a XSLT
stylesheet on it.  But I am not sure it will make things easier.

PS: CSS have a similar abstract language: http://sass-lang.com/

--
Ashar Voultoiz