User "Siebrand" posted a comment on MediaWiki.r81473.

Full URL: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/81473#c22197
Commit summary:

Merge REL1_17 r81465, r81471 in 1.17wmf1:
* MFT r81455, r81461, r81463: updates for core special pages aliases, magic
words and namespace names.
* Remove special page aliases for RevisionRemove

Comment:

So the German locale defines an alias for a non-existing special page that is
not exposed to users anywhere, as far as I can tell. That's not a problem, is
it?

Well, that was my initial thought. Apparently
http://de.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&meta=siteinfo&siprop=specialpagealiases
 does expose this. Should we consider that a bug? I'll remove the special page
aliases that exist in other languages but not in English from 1.17wmf and 1.17
release.