2011/9/16 Rob Lanphier <ro...@wikimedia.org>

> Hi folks,
>
> I just wanted to quickly highlight the plan that we have for deploying
> MediaWiki 1.18 to the Wikimedia sites:
>
> *  Monday, September 19 (-20), 23:00-01:00 UTC (4pm-6pm PDT):
> MediaWiki 1.18 deployment to test2
> *  Wednesday, September 21 (-22), 23:00-03:00 UTC (4pm-8pm PDT):
> MediaWiki 1.18 stage 1 deployment (simplewiki, simplewiktionary,
> usabilitywiki, strategywiki, mediawikiwiki, hewikisource)

Yesh! Good to see hewikisource in the default list.

And mediawikiwiki should be a good early testbed for Robin's
directionality fixes, thanks to the crazy things in the Code Review
extension.

Will Commons be upgraded with the "remaining wikis"? I expect the
biggest (and positive) influence of these fixes in Commons, but i also
expect some issues at first, because of the Rtl.css and Rtl.js
customization there. If all is well, these two files should probably
be deleted, but the transition may be a bit rocky at first.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬