Platonides wrote:
> jida...@jidanni.org wrote:
>> On some of the Wikipedia sites, there are some messages near the top of
>> each page. [...]  This causes the entire page to jerk up and down the
>> screen...
>
> Do they change in the same page view, or when changing pages?
> (I have seen the later, when several campaigns are enabled, but the
> former shouldn't happen)

I noticed something similar a few weeks ago.  It didn't quite
match jidanni's description, but it was certainly annoying.
The top-of-page message -- it might have been one about the image
tagging campaign -- was JavaScript-enabled, with a show/hide
button.  And, for me at least, it rendered initially in one
state, and then, after the entire rest of the page had loaded and
rendered, some last bit of JavaScript seemed to run, and flip the
show/collapse state.  By now, typically, I already had my mouse
over some regular link or edit button I intended to click, but
just as I did so, the page jumped by a few lines, and I'd miss.