On 11-10-05 03:07 PM, Happy Melon wrote:
> On 5 October 2011 22:30, Brion Vibber <br...@pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Brion Vibber <br...@pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> This could still end up pulling from 600+ repos -- if there are actually
>> changes in them all! -- but should make typical cases a *lot* faster.
>>
> Pushed localisation updates from translatewiki would produce precisely this
> effect (minor but nonzero changes to hundreds of repos) on a daily or at
> least weekly basis.  :-(
>
> --HM
I wish we could stop pushing TWN updates as code commits.
I'm getting tired of trying to look through an extension's log for
changes and having to sort through it where 3/4 of the commits are TWN
updates.

Someone mentioned an idea at one point of having only English in core
(as the source for translations) and then pulling localization updates
in with some script, part of building the tarballs would be pulling in
the localizations and bundling them.