User "Khorn (WMF)" posted a comment on MediaWiki.r102832.

Full URL: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/102832#c26306
Commit summary:

Added variable $this->dataConstraints. Added method $this->formatStagedData().
Added $this->formatStagedData() to $this->stageData(). This enhancement adds
the ability to use data constraints which are handled in staging. Currently,
all $this->staged_data, is trimmed and truncated if it is a string. See
r102828, r102829.

Comment:

r103246: I had to wrap that call to formatStagedData in a test to see if it was
request staging or not. We only want to truncate the outgoing, and stageData is
supposed to work both on both incoming and outgoing.

Also, stageData probably shouldn't be public, as double-staging the data could
cause all kinds of problems that might not be readily apparent.
...like multiplying the amount by an unintentional extra hundred.