If you suspect that a bug has been fixed or is now invalid, then ask
that question in the bug.

But I agree that "later" really ought not to be a resolution (because
really a bug marked LATER has not been resolved), but rather a status or
prioritization.  When I do searches across all the open bugs, I do not
habitually say "and also ones that are Resolved but only if they've been
marked Resolved--Later".  And probably most people are making the same
omission.

Mark H., what do you think?  Also, is there a way to make Bugzilla's
default search include resolved bugs with the Later resolution?

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Volunteer Development Coordinator

On 11/29/2011 02:02 PM, Diederik van Liere wrote:
> But then the bug should be NEW, nobody is checking for a bug that is marked
> LATER. I mentioned WORKSFORME because i suspect that some of the LATER bugs
> have been resolved by now.
> Diederik
>

> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Chad <innocentkil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Diederik van Liere <dvanli...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> Currently, we have a 'LATER' resolution in Bugzilla, it contains 339 bug
>>> reports over all the products, see:
>>>

>> https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&list_id=57731&resolution=LATER&product=CiviCRM&product=Cortado&product=dbzip2&product=Kate%27s%20Tools&product=Logwood&product=MediaWiki&product=MediaWiki%20extensions&product=mwdumper&product=mwEmbed&product=Wikimedia&product=Wikimedia%20Mobile&product=Wikimedia%20Tools&product=Wiktionary%20tools&product=XML%20Snapshots
>>>
>>> The question is, when is LATER? Technically, these bugs are not open and
>> so
>>> nobody will ever see them again and that's how they will be forgotten.
>>>
>>> To me, it seems that bugs that are labeled LATER should either be
>> labeled:
>>> 1) WONTFIX, which I guess is the majority of these bugs
>>> 2) WORKSFORME, I am sure some things have been fixed