On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 10:20 PM, Rob Lanphier <ro...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Aaron Schulz <aschulz4...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm starting to finish the initial coding for the FileBackend branch (see
> > https://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/branches/FileBackend). I
> still
> > have to get to thumb.php and img_auth.php though. Simple testing of
> uploads,
> > re-uploads, moves, deletes, restores, and such are working on my local
> > testwiki.

Did you test it using smtest.py ? It's a lot more persistent about testing
because it's a lot less distractable than any hu .... SQUIRREL!

> Hi folks,
>
> A few more details on this.  Aaron is trying to get some important
> refactoring work done in service to this project:
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/SwiftMedia
>
> We'd like to land this code in trunk as soon as we can, shake out the
> inevitable bugs, and get this rolled out to the cluster as part of
> 1.19.

I'm guessing that Aaron is coding using an IDE that displays abstract class
comments in line with the implementation, because the implementation class
has no comments on any of the methods. For those of us using dumber
editors, may/should I copy the comments over to the implementation class? I
was planning to take FSFileBackend and copy it to SwiftBackend, and start
changing the calls into Swift calls. So should I insert the comments into
FSFileBackend before I do the copying, or after?