2012/1/11 Daniel Kinzler <dan...@brightbyte.de>:
> The main problem is that we are doing this on thje outside.

That would be a really great thing. When the user clicks a word we
have to find out where he clicked. The data goes back to the server.
The server finds out which scripts were used and generates the same
HTML that is currently in the browser. Yes, it has to do something
like executing the scripts. Then the server knows the revision of the
clicked position.

The server sends rules back to the browser how to highlight the text.
I think it is not possible with less traffic and less memory
consumption in the browser. But all the small DOM manipulations for
inserting the just needed SPAN elements will be slower than the
existing UserScript which manipulates the whole page in one innerHTML
call.

Yes, we could do all this on the client side with the help of the
WikiTrust Sure sequences too. It will be a hard job to imitate all
scripts in the hidden HTML but it is possible. But: Is there any
advantage to the current UserScript?

Thomas