Hi.

Skimming <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:SOPA_initiative/Action>,
it seems inevitable that some kind of banner (or "blackout" banner, which is
apparently equivalent to an extra-large banner) will be implemented.

The question becomes: how will this be implemented? I assume some kind of
CentralNotice banner with some CSS absolute positioning or something? Is
that right? Or will it be part of a separate extension?

Primarily I'd like to know if "#siteNotice {display:none !important;}" will
continue to work. If so, there's no further action that needs to be taken.
If it's going to be put into a weird extension or something, I'd personally
favor an edit count check or a "leave me alone" user preference. The
regulars really don't need to be bothered by this obnoxiousness.

And, click-through banner or not, I think obscuring Special:UserLogin is a
poor idea.

I'm not quite sure who's working on this from the tech side, but if anyone
has details about the (proposed) banner's implementation and could share,
that'd be great.

MZMcBride