2012/1/15 Nikola Smolenski <smole...@eunet.rs>:
> Дана Wednesday 11 January 2012 18:19:14 Cristian Consonni написа:
> However, to my knowledge there is not a single OCR that exports this data, nor
> is there a standard format for it. If an open source OCR could be modified to
> do this, then it would be easy to inject data retreieved from captchas back
> into OCR-ed text. And it could be used for so much more :)

I know (but I am not proficient in their use) at least two open source
OCR softwares:
* OCRopus[1a][1b], by the German Research Center for Artificial
Intelligence, sponsored by Google
* Tesseract[2a][2b], started by HP in far 1995, now Google-sponsored
(yeah, this one too!) [note: as far as I know OCRopus used tesserect
as an engine for OCR]
* GOCR/JOCR

I think much can be done.

Cristian