Dear all,

Over the past days I've been trying to get rid of the deprecated hook
LanguageGetMagic in the repo[1]. I've updated about 60 extensions, I
estimate, to use $magicWords imported through $wgExtensionMessagesFiles,
instead of the hook.

As you may know, I'm not much of a developer, so when it gets harder, I
throw the towel in the ring... There are three extensions that make a more
esotheric use of LanguageGetMagic, that I'm not able to convert to use
$magicWords. These are:

* FlaggedRevs/FlaggedRevs.setup.php:
$wgHooks['LanguageGetMagic'][] = 'FlaggedRevsHooks::onLanguageGetMagic';
* LabeledSectionTransclusion/lst.php:$wgHooks['LanguageGetMagic'][] =
'LabeledSectionTransclusion::setupMagic';
*
MetavidWiki/includes/MV_GlobalFunctions.php:$wgHooks['LanguageGetMagic'][]
= 'mvMagicParserFunction_Magic';

If you can help out here, please do so. It would be much appreciated.

Next, in my opinion, would be to start throwing warnings using
wfDeprecated on use of the hook LanguageGetMagic, but I haven't really
been able to find where that could be done for a hook. If you can be of
help there, please let me know. There may also be some other deprecated
hooks that could get more attention if they would throw warnings on use.

[1]
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/tag/languagegetmagic

Cheers!

Siebrand