"Bryan" posted a comment on MediaWiki.r98430.

Commit summary for MediaWiki.r98430:

(bug 30202) Restrict file names on upload to 240 bytes, because wfTimestamp(
TS_MW ) . '!' . $fileName should fit in oi_archive_name, which is 255 bytes,
and also the maximum file name length on many file systems is 255 bytes.

Commit to fix UploadTest to use @dataProvider will follow

Bryan's comment:

Well, they could not be properly overwritten before anyway. Presumably before
this revision if you would overwrite an affected file, your original file would
just get lost. I don't know what the original behaviour for deletion was, but I
suspect that it was already broken. The only functionality that we should
support on files longer than 240 bytes is moving and redirecting imho. So, if
it can be confirmed that that still is possible, I believe that this revision
is ok.