Andrew Garrett wrote:
> I have some hopes that we could use change_tags for things other than
> AbuseFilter, but my understanding is that last time we tried this the
> community felt like the infrastructure was being "intruded on". Perhaps
> some modifications to the infrastructure could allow abuse filter and other
> tags to coexist in the ecosystem.

Uh, I think the community was mostly upset that you didn't provide any tag
management interface. At all.

It's been a while, but the last time I looked, there was no way to add tags,
remove tags, or modify tags. I think there are still a number of revisions
on the English Wikipedia that have been tagged by the AbuseFilter extension
with text like "potentially libelous addition" or other incendiary comments
of that nature, with no means of removal for false positives.

I don't know if it was intentional (and I imagine it wasn't), but your reply
about the community's feelings toward whatever infrastructure you're
referring to reads like a bit of a slap in the face. The scare quotes didn't
help.

The tagging system was poorly implemented. That's why it's been
under-utilized.

MZMcBride