On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 09:09:54 -0800, Raimond Spekking <raimond.spekk...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

in prepartion for the big bang I am reading pages like
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Git/Workflow but I miss a recommondation
for a good Git GUI, especially for Win 7.

Has anyone tested TortoiseGit? Is it a good choice for developers who
use TortoiseSVN since years?

Does it support git-review too?

Thanks for your help.

Raimond.

I've heard comments that TortoiseGit was sub-standard. It didn't even have support for the index.

I put together this awhile ago:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Git_Graphical_User_Interfaces

For Windows I suggest trying to use "Git Extensions". The UI seamed to be very fully featured. It also came bundled with an installer for git/mysgit, bash, and some putty pieces. So it even gives you access to a unix-like command line.

For OS X, I haven't been using a GUI (besides `git gui`) so I can't say for sure what is the best. But "Source Tree" is looking a little more promising than GitX.

Unfortunately for git-review, I don't think there is a single GUI that supports it.