Mark and I just discussed this, and he's going to look into having a
"CONFIRMED" state.  The flow would be:

"NEW"->"CONFIRMED"

...rather than:
"UNCONFIRMED"->"NEW"

That would also mean that all of the currently "NEW" bugs are presumed
to be unconfirmed rather than confirmed, and that we can have a
relatively clean list of bugs that someone explicitly declared to be
confirmed.

Rob