On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 9:26 PM, Aaron Pramana <aa...@sociotopia.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Aaron Pramana and I am a prospective student for GSOC with
> Mediawiki. A week ago, I posted a brief explanation of my idea on a bug fix
> page, but I haven't had time to elaborate on the Wikitech list, as Sumana
> suggested I do. This proposal is an amalgamation of several small
> improvements which will make the watchlist more accessible. My goal for
> this project is to retrofit the watchlist with an emphasis on improving the
> workflow for current and potential power-users.
>
> Objectives:
> *add a way to group similar pages into subdirectories
> (e.g. Special:Watchlist/GroupName)
> *allow bulk watchlist modifications (rollback/unwatch) with checkboxes
> *unify the "watched changes", "view/edit" sections
> *incorporate ajax for actions that don't require a page reload (if time
> allows)
>
> Does anyone have additional features/bugs that they'd like to see
> added/fixed on the watchlist? Please provide links to bug requests if they
> exist.
>
> Over the next week or so, I should be more responsive to replies as my
> school will be on Spring Break. I am about halfway finished with a
> proposal, so it should be available for review then. Please let me know if
> my ideas have potential for a successful proposal and if there is anything
> I can add. Thanks!

Aaron,

I like all the features you proposed, but can we start a MediaWiki.org
page to list ideas?

Watchlists are one of the core parts of our experience as editors, so
lots more Wikipedians than the ones on this list will have good
suggestions for you. (Apologies if I'm contradicting any process
that's been advocated for GSOC proposals.)

Regards,

Steven Walling