"Krinkle" posted a comment on MediaWiki.r113190.

Commit summary for MediaWiki.r113190:

allow skins to universally style these without requiring local wikis to
manually maintain a copy of each skins's <pre> style and apply it to .mw-geshi

* Fixes
-- (bug 19416) GeSHi-generated blocks should use <pre> style for the container

Krinkle's comment:

I can't tell for sure, but I believe that may be due to a local CSS rule on the
wiki you took the snapshot on.

This code isn't live on WMF afaik, but some of the popular WMF wikis have local
CSS rules to overwrite Geshi's internal stylesheet for it's HTML input (namely
the  <code> source-javascript</code> class in this case, which has a strong
reset on it by Geshi itself).

Since Geshi doesn't want those to be overwritten (it has a strong reset on it),
and because we want core styles for PRE to apply. Therefor Geshi's output
(wether it are {{tag|p|o}} with {{tag|span|o}} and css for pre-style or one ore
more {{tag|pre|o}} tags doesn't matter).. that output is wrapped in a
container. So far this container has been like <code><nowiki><div dir="ltr"
class="mw-geshi mw-content-ltr"></nowiki></code>, this revision changes that to