Hey,

> We can allow people to push directly in the repository without having
Gerrit to "intercept" the commit.

Right, I looked a bit through gerrits docs and figured I actually have the
rights for my extensions to enable myself to do this, using this stuff:

https://review.typo3.org/Documentation/access-control.html#category_push_merge

Might be good to document this somewhere, assuming this is the correct
approach :)

> if the other core SMW devs put their names down at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Git/Gerrit_project_ownership then we'll
process them within a couple of days

Luckily this is not needed. I'd like to point out that any situation where
people managing a project don't have such access and would need to rely on
people from outside their community to get things done is bad and might
very well incentivise them to not use WMFs gerrit.

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw
http://www.bn2vs.com