On 10 April 2012 10:57, Petr Bena <benap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, this is a proposal for a new feature to mediawiki core or a new
> extension (I would myself prefer an extension, but given that the
> development process seems to be broken, per my previous email, it's
> likely not possible for a non-wmf dev to have it deployed)
>
> I think many editors had the problem that they were editing a page,
> but had to leave computer for some reason before they finished and
> needed to save the work, the only way to handle this is to copy the
> source code and save it somewhere, but what if you aren't going to use
> the same computer?
..
> Special:MyPage/Draft_$ArticleName_$Date
>
> Users could change it to some other name of course before saving. Or
> even they could create a template for name in their advanced
> preferences. This could make it simpler to save work in progress for
> newbies.

Or you could have a magic reserved space for users,  that works
exactly like localStorage, but is serverside. And limited size.

Then implement the thing clientside.  So the only serverside thing is
the ability to save key "Foo" and get key "Foo",  for the current
logued user.

This is more exploitable than just for drafts. Could be used by
extensions to store user controlled config. Perhaps to store some
browsing story. Or things you can't imagine yet.

The evil twin to this, is that if you implement drafs. Can be abused
to have a "localStorage serverside" area.

ℱin del ℳensaje.