Platonides wrote:
> On 10/04/12 23:52, MZMcBride wrote:
>> Now, whether for your purposes using the API is the best option, I don't
>> know. But for my purposes, the API has been wonderful. The only major hiccup
>> I hit was a few weeks ago when database lag spiked to a crazy level and the
>> script couldn't get past it.
>
> Well, that's actually a *feature*. If the db lag mis so high, it makes
> sense that the bots defer editing until things get better. :)

That assumption of a correlation between the two isn't always true and/or
relevant, though. I'm not sure a bug got filed about it, but I think the
idea was to flag the lagged databases as being knowingly lagged during
planned maintenance, essentially. And then change the maxlag output from the
API accordingly. That seemed to be the theme of the thread, as I remember
it.

MZMcBride